Primary Care Networks
- PCN Lead Masterfile 02052023
- Primary Care Networks including pharmacies and Pharmacy leads updated 2 May 2023 v2
Primary Care Networks – Everything you need to know
NEW: Pharmacy Quality Scheme PQS Stage 2 PCN Domain Resources for PCN Leads can be viewed here
PCN Leads webinar handout 23rd September 2020
There is a useful blog on the VirtualOutcomes website about Primary Care Networks; useful reading for some CPD.
The online training video takes about 15 minutes to complete and provides a useful overview.
Primary Care Networks Introduction
- PSNC Briefing 013.19 – An introduction to PCNs
- PSNC Briefing 047.19 – PQS Guidance for contractors on PCN domain
SMR guidance includes referrals to New Medicine Service
New NHS guidance for Primary Care Networks (PCNs) on the provision of Structured Medication Reviews (SMR) includes referrals being made to the community pharmacy New Medicine Service.
The guidance has been published by NHS England and NHS Improvement to support PCN clinical pharmacy teams with implementation of the structured medication review and optimisation service requirements in the Network Contract Directed Enhanced Service Specification for 2020/21. PCNs are asked to proactively consider all aspects of the guidance when planning, implementing and delivering the service.
- Network Contract Directed Enhanced Service – specification 2020-21
- Structured Medication Reviews and medicines optimisation guidance 2020-21
- Medicines Shortages Notification Form
- Medicines Shortages Communications Protocol