Resources available to assist with meeting the diabetes quality criterion from 1st October
PSNC has published Briefing 043/19: Pharmacy Quality Scheme – Foot and eye screening (retinopathy) checks for patients with diabetes to assist community pharmacy contractors with getting ready to meet the diabetes quality criterion of the Pharmacy Quality Scheme (PQS), which contractors need to start working towards from 1st October 2019.The Briefing explains how to meet the criterion as well as the following template resources:
- Small flyers – For pharmacy teams to consider using for patients with diabetes who are calling back to collect their prescriptions;
- Briefing document for GP practices– Can be used by contractors to talk local GP practices through the new quality criterion;
- Letter to GP practices– Can be used in addition to the above GP Briefing document;
- Data collection form– Contractors will be required to enter information onto the Manage Your Service (MYS) application when they make a declaration for their PQS payment; contractors can choose to use this form to help them gather the required information; and
- Suggested process – For pharmacy teams to consider following or adapting to incorporate this quality criterion into their daily practice.