Reprioritisation of contractual activities
In recognition of the ongoing workload pressures for contractors during the COVID-19 pandemic, a number of activities under the community pharmacy contract have now been reprioritised:
- The Pharmacy Quality Scheme (PQS) 2020/21 Part 2 requirements will have a flexible completion date. Contractors will still make their declaration in February and get paid on 1 April, but they will now have until the end of June 2021 to collate the evidence to demonstrate that they are compliant.
- The Community Pharmacy Assurance Framework will not run in 2020/21. This will run as normal in 2021/22.
- The NHS England and NHS Improvement set audit and the pharmacy specific audit will be waived for 2021.
- The Community Pharmacy Patient Questionnaire will be waived 2020/21.
- No action will be taken against contractors who have not updated the Data Security Protection toolkit for 2019/20, provided they are working to complete the toolkit for 2020/21.