NHS Community Pharmacy Flu Vaccination Training including Basic Life Support
We have arranged a fantastic and competitively priced training package with ECG to enable pharmacists to provide both the national and private flu services as well as many other vaccination services, e.g. COVID-19 or travel vaccinations..
Sunday 14th August 2022 09.00 – 13.00 Book your place here
Sunday 14th August 2022 13.30 – 17.00 Book your place here
Sunday 4th September 2022 09.00 – 13.00 Book your place here
Sunday 4th September 2022 13.30 – 17.00 Book your place here
All training will take place at The Exeter Court hotel, Kennford Exeter EX6 7UX
The cost will be £95.00 per person which includes VAT, tea/coffee and booking fee from Eventbrite
Our vaccination skills training workshops are delivered by ECG Ltd, the comprehensive training covers all practical skills required to vaccinate adults, children and infants.
Training will cover adverse reactions including anaphylaxis and basic life support for all ages.
The course ensures that pharmacists are fully prepared to offer both the national and private flu services as well as many other vaccination services, e.g. COVID-19 or Travel vaccinations.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to demonstrate:
- How to set up for a vaccination clinic
- Safe intramuscular and subcutaneous injection techniques
- Intranasal administration of vaccines
- Child positioning for vaccination
- Reconstitution of vaccines
- Adult and Paediatric basic life support
- Recognition of anaphylaxis and other adverse reactions
- Administration of adrenaline via an ampoule or any auto-injector
The course is suitable for pharmacists that:
- Are new to vaccines
- Wish to up skill from just flu vaccinations
- Who have had full training but are not regularly delivering vaccines / require a refresher
Administration being undertaken by Devon LPC 01392 719604.