Plymouth, Derriford Hospital – Discharge Medicines Service Launch Event
21st September 2022 6.30pm food, 7pm start
Crown Plaza, Armada Way, Plymouth PL1 2HJ
University Hospitals Plymouth (UHP) are gearing up to routinely refer patients from high-risk categories into the community pharmacy Discharge Medicines Service (DMS). On 21st September, Devon LPC will be hosting an evening in Plymouth for all pharmacies in the Derriford footprint to bring together pharmacists and technicians from hospital, community and primary care around the discharge process.
We will have a range of guest speakers, including Kandarp Thakkar, the newly appointed Chief Pharmacist for UHP.
This will be a great opportunity to understand what the local hospital referral criteria are, meet colleagues from other sectors and discuss how as a collective you might work together to enhance safety around the discharge process. These events are in high demand, so book now to avoid disappointment. All members of the pharmacy team involved with DMS are welcome.
Agenda for the evening;
- 18.45 – Hot buffet, sponsor exposé
- 19.15 – Welcome, Introduction and Service Background
- Patient Journey
- 19.30 – Hospital Pharmacy process and high risk criteria for referral
- 19.40 – Primary Care process
- 19.50 – Community pharmacy process
- 20.00 – DMS structure and operational design, Q&As
- 20.15 – Cross sector group discussion
- 20.40 – Final Questions and close
To book a place please use the following link;
Parking information: https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/gb/en/plymouth/plhuk/hoteldetail/directions
Administration being undertaken by Devon LPC 01392 719604.