GP CPCCS Training Event
18th November 2021 7.30pm
GP CPCS training events
All GP practices are being encouraged nationally to sign up to the GP CPCS service by 1 December 2021. Participation is a condition of a practice being able to benefit from the Winter Access Fund. To support pharmacy teams in being prepared for this, the LPC are running a series of virtual (Zoom) training events throughout November. It is very likely that your pharmacy will start to receive more GP CPCS referrals as practices go live throughout November en masse. You should be familiar with the referral pathways, the re-escalation pathways and the expected referral turnaround time, as well as the differences between 111 CPCS pathways & GP CPCS pathways, to ensure the service lands and runs smoothly from the start – this is part of what we will cover in the training sessions.
- If you have not already attended a PCN GP CPCS training evening, or if you have and would like a refresher, you should attend one of the 4 events listed below. Please click on the registration link and book your place – you will receive full joining instructions once registration has been completed.
- You should nominate a GP CPCS champion in your pharmacy – this should not be the pharmacist, but another member of the team who is able to advise and support any locums/reliefs, weekend and part time staff.
- You can register up to 3 people to attend the event – ideally, the champion and/or pharmacy manager (if they are not the same person!) should attend as a minimum.
What else you can do now:-
- Ensure your staff regularly access NHSMail and Pharmoutcomes – at least three times a day – this will be the mechanism by which GP CPCS referrals will be received although clarity will be provided during the training sessions.
- View the free VirtualOutcomes video on GP CPCS. https://www.virtualoutcomes.co.uk/pharmacy-training/
- Register for one of the training events below
Dates and times: please note, times are staggered to try to provide as much opportunity to attend as possible. If you cannot make any of the dates below but do not want to miss out, please email email@example.com