Alcohol Awareness and Alcohol ABI Training
28th June 2018 7pm for refreshments, 7.30pm Start
Exeter Court Hotel, Kennford, Exeter EX6 7UX
Alcohol awareness and Alcohol ABI Training
Hosted by Drink Wise, Age Well Devon
Who is this training aimed at?
Community pharmacists and their teams, working towards Healthy Living Pharmacy Level 1.
- An introduction to alcohol use in the over 50’s and why this is different as we age
- Overview of psychological and physiological changes in the over 50’s in relation to alcohol and later life changes including interaction with medication
- Consider ways in which to recognise and respond to this alcohol use in the over 50’s – The session will give a brief overview of the concept of alcohol and unit guidelines in relation to alcohol.
- Understand use of simple brief interventions such as FRAMES and practice using technique and appreciate how the learning from the workshop can be applied in practice
- Increase awareness of the signposting and referral pathways which exist within the local area.
Each event starts at 7.30pm with light refreshments from 7pm
28th June 2018 Exeter Court Hotel, Kennford, Exeter EX6 7UX
To book a place at this event, please use the on-line booking link: http://tinyurl.com/ydeo9zjz
26th July 2018 Hannah’s Seale Hayne, Newton Abbot
To book a place on this event, please use this link to the on-line booking form http://tinyurl.com/yalor2cj
Cancellation of booking policy: If you don’t turn up to an event despite booking a place or giving 3 days notice of cancellation in writing, the LPC will send out an invoice for £50.00 for each place booked where no attendance is made.
Administration: Call 01392 834022 and ask for Kathryn