Public Health Torbay: Commissioned Services
Public Health Contact:
Tel: 01803 207314
Pharmacies providing public health services
Smoking Cessation Services 2020
The commissioners have updated the smoking cessation service and have removed the paper claiming forms. From the 1st September 2020, service provision will be recorded solely on PharmOutcomes – you will NOT need to fill in the paper forms. Please destroy the reporting and claim forms. You may still use the other paper-based guidance given to you to support your consultation, but the reporting and invoice generation is now all being completed digitally.
There will be 3 services on PharmOutcomes in use for the Torbay Stop Smoking Service which have been updated to allow accurate data capture whilst still reducing paper workload; these are specified in detail below.
- Stage 1 – recruitment – EVERY client must be registered here; the other stages link to it
- Stage 2 – NRT supply -this is filled in at each consultation (weeks 1,2,3,5,7,9,11); this is where you recorded what NRT you have provided. This will generate the NRT reimbursement. Week 4 provision must be recorded on the next stage – stage 3
- Stage 3 – 4 Week Evaluation – this is where you record the smoking status (quit/not quit) – this generates the service payment for a quit.
- Letter to pharmacies ref Paperless stop smoking – July 2020
- Volume 2 – Specification Torbay Stop Smoking Service – Reviewed 2020
To support resilience and preserve the delivery of this important service during the COVID-19 outbreak commissioners, specialist sexual health providers and the Devon Local Pharmaceutical Committee have agreed to temporarily relax the CPPE and face to face training requirements for pharmacists delivering this service. This means that pharmacists are not currently required to have completed the specified e-learning modules or attended a local face to face training session.
All pharmacists delivering this service should read the Ulipristal Acetate and Levonorgestrel PGDs.
Public Health Contract documentation with effect from 1st October 2018
- Volume 2 – Specification TB DOT – Reviewed 2018
- Volume 2 – Specification Torbay Stop Smoking Service – Reviewed 2018
- Volume-2-Specification-Needle-Syringe-Provision – Reviewed 2020 V1.4
- Volume-2-Specification-Supervised-Consumption – Reviewed 2018
Public Health Contract documentation 2018-2021
- EHC PGD Letter
- Service Specification 2018 – 2021
- Protocol for the provision of EHC
- Ulipristal Acetate Signed PGD 2018 to 2021
- Levonorgestrel signed PGD 2018 to 20121
- Devon Sexual Health presentation Sept 2018
- Torbay – Volume 2 Specification Counter Top Kits
- Torbay – Volume 2 Specification EHC Chlamydia
- Pharmacist EHC Assessment Record May 2017
- FSRH EC algorithm
- Chlamydia Screening Counter-top Kits 2015-2016 – Service Specification
- EHC & Chlamydia Combined 2015-16 Service Specification
- EHC & Chlamydia Service Specification (September 2014)
- Torbay – Volume 2 Specification Needle Syringe Provision
- Torbay – Volume 2 Specification Stop Smoking Service
- Torbay – Volume 2 Specification Supervised Consumption
- Torbay – Volume 2 Specification TB DOT
- Torbay Pharmacy Standing List Contract