Welcome to Devon LPC
The Devon Local Pharmaceutical Committee (LPC) is the local voice for all community pharmacies in Devon. We represent over 220 pharmacies including single handed independent pharmacies, smaller chains and those owned by bigger companies. NHE England & Improvement, NHS Devon CCG, local authorities and other stakeholders consult and work with us on all matters relating to the NHS and public health work undertaken by community pharmacies in Devon. We are also responsible for advancing the enhanced role of community pharmacy to ensure it is integrated within local systems to benefit the population of Devon. The LPC works hard to support our community pharmacy network to deliver high quality pharmaceutical services; as well as representing and promoting community pharmacy to our key stakeholders.
The LPC Online Training platform. Each month new topics will be released for the whole team to view. They will be around 15-20 minutes each and will introduce the topic, how it impacts the health of your patients and what you can do to support.
Antibiotics – December 2022
Two of the pillars of primary care – pharmacy and general practice – are currently experiencing high levels of patient demand, fuelled by concerns over…
As a temporary measure to help supply medication to patients. Prescriptions for antibiotics will be issued as tokens so they can be easily retrieved and/or…
- PSNC has today published some new resources to help community pharmacy contractors and LPCs to engage with their local MPs about the immense pressures that pharmacies are facing. PSNC is deeply aware of the funding crisis affecting the sector and is working hard to increase the pressure on Government to act now with an urgent […]
- A higher than usual number of cases of scarlet fever, caused by invasive Group A streptococcal (iGAS) infections, are being reported in children across the country. Whilst the Government and NHS have said that the risk to the public remains low, the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) has advised parents to be on the lookout […]
- Community pharmacy contractors are reminded that the deadline to complete the initial consultation survey on the vision for community pharmacy is this Friday (9th December) at 11.59pm. This open consultation is the first opportunity for individuals and organisations to share their thoughts on the future direction for community pharmacy with Nuffield Trust and The King’s Fund, as […]
- Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) has issued a medicine supply notification for Diltiazem (Tildiem Retard®)120mg tablets. MSN/2022/101 Tier 2 – medium impact Date of issue 6th December 2022 Diltiazem (Tildiem Retard®) 120mg tablets are out of stock until w/c 30th January 2023. Other brands of twice daily modified release diltiazem (as capsules) remain […]
- MHRA Class 4 Medicines Defect Information: Etrivex 500 micrograms/g Shampoo (Galderma (U.K.) Limited)Class 4 Medicines Defect Information: Etrivex 500 micrograms/g Shampoo (Galderma (U.K.) Limited) Drug alert number: EL (22)A/51 Date issued: 06 December 2022 The Medicines and Health products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has issued a class 4 medicines defect information notice for: Etrivex 500 micrograms/g Shampoo, PL 10590/0052 – SNOMED code 11771611000001109 Batch number Expiry date Pack […]
- At this busy time of year manufacturers are working closely with wholesalers to ensure that sufficient stock is available at wholesalers for the Christmas period. A summary of customer service desk opening hours can be found in the table below. For information on order cut off /delivery schedules please see links at the bottom of the page. […]