Welcome to Devon LPC
The Devon Local Pharmaceutical Committee (LPC) is the local voice for all community pharmacies in Devon. We represent over 220 pharmacies including single handed independent pharmacies, smaller chains and those owned by bigger companies. NHE England & Improvement, NHS Devon CCG, local authorities and other stakeholders consult and work with us on all matters relating to the NHS and public health work undertaken by community pharmacies in Devon. We are also responsible for advancing the enhanced role of community pharmacy to ensure it is integrated within local systems to benefit the population of Devon. The LPC works hard to support our community pharmacy network to deliver high quality pharmaceutical services; as well as representing and promoting community pharmacy to our key stakeholders.
The LPC Online Training platform. Each month new topics will be released for the whole team to view. They will be around 15-20 minutes each and will introduce the topic, how it impacts the health of your patients and what you can do to support.
Devon LPC Services Update
The LPC have produced a Services Update (August 2022) which highlights how to maximise your pharmacy income and ensures your patients are being supported through…
Independent Prescriber (IP) training provision 2022-23 – applications now OPEN – action needed!
Health Education England (HEE) has announced the availability of 3,000 independent prescribing courses to pharmacists who meet the required eligibility criteria: Community pharmacists (including locum…
- Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) has issued an update to the medicine supply notification for Voriconazole (VFEND®) 40mg/ml powder for oral suspension issued on 25 March 2021. MSN/2021/016U Tier 2 – medium impact Date of issue 17th August 2022 Voriconazole 40mg/ml powder for oral suspension is out of stock until late August 2022. […]
- Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) has issued a medicine supply notification for Acebutolol (Sectral®) 100mg and 200mg capsules and 400mg tablets. Update to MSN/2021/051 Tier 2 – medium impact Date of issue 17th August 2022 Following discontinuation of acebutolol (Sectral®) 100mg capsules, Neon Healthcare have now discontinued 200mg capsules and 400mg tablets, with […]
- Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) has issued a medicine supply notification for Bowel evacuation preparations. MSN/2022/071 Tier 3 – high impact Date of issue 17th August 2022 Moviprep® oral powder sachets are out of stock until w/c 22nd August 2022. Moviprep® orange oral powder sachets are out of stock until w/c 3rd October […]
- Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) has issued a medicine supply notification for Diltiazem (Tildiem Retard®) 90mg and 120mg modified-release tablets. MSN/2022/070 Tier 2 – medium impact Date of issue 17th August 2022 Diltiazem (Tildiem Retard®) 90mg modified-release tablets are out of stock until w/c 17th October 2022. Diltiazem (Tildiem Retard®) 120mg modified-release tablets […]
- The Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS) wants to hear from pharmacy teams to help inform their work with The King’s Fund on the future of pharmacy practice in England. This work aims to set out a vision for the role of pharmacists and pharmacy teams working across all parts of the health and care system, providing […]
- PSNC, in collaboration with the Association of Independent Multiple Pharmacies, the Company Chemists’ Association, the National Pharmacy Association, and the Royal Pharmaceutical Society, is supporting an important petition calling for the Government and NHS leaders to act to keep pharmacy teams safe from violence and abuse. The petition was started by Mike Hewitson, a community pharmacist […]