Welcome to Devon LPC
The Devon Local Pharmaceutical Committee (LPC) is the local voice for all community pharmacies in Devon. We represent over 220 pharmacies including single handed independent pharmacies, smaller chains and those owned by bigger companies. NHE England & Improvement, NHS Devon CCG, local authorities and other stakeholders consult and work with us on all matters relating to the NHS and public health work undertaken by community pharmacies in Devon. We are also responsible for advancing the enhanced role of community pharmacy to ensure it is integrated within local systems to benefit the population of Devon. The LPC works hard to support our community pharmacy network to deliver high quality pharmaceutical services; as well as representing and promoting community pharmacy to our key stakeholders.
The LPC Online Training platform. Each month new topics will be released for the whole team to view. They will be around 15-20 minutes each and will introduce the topic, how it impacts the health of your patients and what you can do to support.
Free training for pharmacies – Insect bites and stings
The latest training from VirtualOutcomes is available for all pharmacies in Devon to view for free. Please use the link here.
Devon LPC newsletter June 2022
The latest edition of the newsletter can be viewed along with details of events planned for September 2022, and Flu Vaccination Training planned for late…
- PSNC and the National Pharmacy Association (NPA) attended a meeting of the World Pharmacy Council (WPC) last month to discuss developments and innovations in the profession. As part of its annual meeting, WPC representatives from countries including Denmark, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, Portugal, Spain, US and the UK all gave updates on how pharmacy is […]
- The Secretary of State for Health & Social Care, Sajid Javid MP, today set out the Government’s plans to digitally reform the NHS. The plan outlines how access to patient information will be improved via enhancements to the NHS App and the NHS website – which should result in faster, more personalised treatment for patients. […]
- An administrative deduction of £25 may apply if a paper prescription bundle is submitted late to the NHSBSA. A charge for processing of a late bundle would only apply if a contractor cannot provide evidence, where requested by the NHSBSA, that their bundle was submitted using secure track and trace delivery no later than the 5th […]
- The Drug Tariff Preface published monthly lists additions, deletions and other changes to products listed in the Drug Tariff. Below is a summary of the changes coming into effect from 1 July 2022. Key g Special container – This product is a special container and should be dispensed in its complete original pack size. § […]
- The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) has today (28/06/2022) granted the following list of price concessions: Drug Pack size Price Concession Calcium and Ergocalciferol tablets 28 £35.99 Clarithromycin 250mg/5ml oral suspension 70 £4.90 Febuxostat 80mg tablets 28 £2.54 Fludrocortisone 100microgram tablets 30 £9.53 Fluoxetine 40mg capsules 30 £4.50 Isotretinoin 20mg capsules 30 £15.19 […]
- More than 1.2 million consultations a week – or 65 million a year – are now being carried out by community pharmacy teams in England, according to PSNC’s 2022 Pharmacy Advice Audit. This is an increase from 2021, when the audit results suggested that in total pharmacies were providing 58 million consultations per year. PSNC […]