Welcome to Devon LPC
The Devon Local Pharmaceutical Committee (LPC) is the local voice for all community pharmacies in Devon. We represent over 220 pharmacies including single handed independent pharmacies, smaller chains and those owned by bigger companies. NHE England & Improvement, NHS Devon CCG, local authorities and other stakeholders consult and work with us on all matters relating to the NHS and public health work undertaken by community pharmacies in Devon. We are also responsible for advancing the enhanced role of community pharmacy to ensure it is integrated within local systems to benefit the population of Devon. The LPC works hard to support our community pharmacy network to deliver high quality pharmaceutical services; as well as representing and promoting community pharmacy to our key stakeholders.
The LPC Online Training platform. Each month new topics will be released for the whole team to view. They will be around 15-20 minutes each and will introduce the topic, how it impacts the health of your patients and what you can do to support.
Deadline Tracker – October 2022
The latest edition of the deadline tracker has been published and can be viewed here Hard copies have bee posted out to community pharmacies in…
Devon LPC Newsletter October 2022
The latest edition of the LPC newsletter has been published and can be viewed here. Hard copies will be posted out to all community pharmacies…
- Drug alert number: EL(22)A/41 Date issued: 06 October 2022 The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has issued a class 2 medicines recall for: Stemetil 5mg/5ml Syrup PL 04425/0595 Batch Number Expiry Date Pack Size First Distributed 0032 Feb 2023 100ml 17 Sep 2020 0033 Aug 2023 100ml 26 May 2021 0034 Sep 2024 […]
- The 2022 Community Pharmacy Workforce Survey, managed by Health Education England (HEE) has opened today. Completion of the survey is a mandatory requirement for all pharmacy contractors. The NHSBSA will, today, send an email to pharmacy contractors containing a link to the survey. In some cases, e.g. Company Chemists’ Association member companies and other larger […]
- Further details on the Pharmacy Quality Scheme (PQS) 2022/23 have today been published on the NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) website. The details have been published as a separate Determination; they will be included in the Drug Tariff from November 2022. The PSNC PQS hub page has been updated to reflect the additional information that has […]
- PSNC is progressing work to enhance its negotiating capacity, strengthen its governance, develop a new vision and strategy for the sector, and more, in line with the Transforming Pharmacy Representation (TAPR) work programme. At its meeting in September, PSNC Members considered and voted on changes to the PSNC Constitution and to reduce the Committee size, […]
- The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) has today (03/10/2022) granted the following list of price concessions for September 2022: Drug Pack size Price concession Clobetasol 500microgram / Neomycin 5mg / Nystatin 100,000units/g cream 30 £100.12 Clobetasol 500microgram / Neomycin 5mg / Nystatin 100,000units/g ointment 30 £100.12 Liothyronine 5microgram tablets 28 £100.94 Sodium fusidate […]
- Community pharmacy contractors who use NHS Profile Manager to update their pharmacy information are being invited by NHS Digital to test new service designs for the tool via a short 45-minute testing session. The testing sessions will be held via Microsoft Teams during the week commencing 10th October 2022. The sessions will be interactive, so […]