Accessible Information Standard (AIS)
The Accessible Information Standard tells organisations how they should make sure that disabled people have access to information they can understand and the communication support they may need.
- Accessible Information Standards were published by the Government in July 2015. The Health and Social Care Act 2012 requires all providers of NHS or publically-funded adult social care to comply with these standards by 31 July 2016.
AIS Awareness Video
PharmOutcomes AIS Guide
NHSE: Implementation Guidance
- Short overview of the Accessible Information Standard
- Accessible Information: Implementation Guidance
CPPE – Centre for Pharmacy Postgraduate Education
e-Learning – Health Education England:
- The Accessible Information Standard: Introduction
- The Accessible Information Standard: Towards Excellence
- “How do you communicate?” (various versions)
Patient Communications Card Template
Frequently Asked Questions
- British Medical Association AIS Frequently Asked Questions Multidisciplinary Guidance.
- The Accessible Information Standard: Update on implementation in community pharmacy – Apr 16
- PSNC Briefing 039/15: Health & Social Care Information Standard – Jul 15