A useful document letting you know about getting Smartcards ready for use when you need them.
Currently, RA services across Devon, are shared between two providers, which can often lead to confusion when requesting Smartcards or information relating to Smartcard management. In order to simplify this arrangement, and to make it easier to contact the team who can help, we have combined the activity under a single provider. Therefore Delt Shared Services Ltd is now your Smartcard and RA Service Provider.
We operate Monday to Friday with our usual business hours being 9am to 5pm, although we do like to start early and work late from time to time!
Out team consists of:
- Paul Jeffery, RA Agent, based in Plymouth 01752 581 884
- Carey Nixon-James, RA Agent, based in Exeter 01752 581 913 (note the Plymouth dialing code)
- Gail Irvine, RA Manager, email@example.com
For any Smartcard related requested, such as a new user, replacement Smartcard or change of location, please email us at:
We cannot take requests over the phone. The phone numbers provided above are for temporary PINs and help or advice only.
Self service Smartcard unlock
As you are probably aware it is not possible to remotely unlock Smartcards. However, if you have a person nhs.net email address, you can now register to unlock your Smartcard yourself!
Please follow this web address to find out more and choose guide number 19 Self Service – registration and unlock process.
In a urgent situation it will still be possible to unlock and renew Smartcards at Pomona House in Torquay, just send us an email as above.
- Always keep your card safe!
- Always protect your credentials!
- Do Not write your password or passcode anywhere!
- Never let anyone else use your Smartcard!
- Always notify RA Agent immediately in the event of the loss, disclosure or suspected theft of your Smartcard
- Do not stick anything to your Smartcard or deface it in anyway.
If you are found to be in breach of your terms and conditions it could lead to your card being revoked!
Information on Delt Shared Services Ltd
Delt Shared Services Ltd launched on 1st October 2014 and is a publicly owned private limited company that currently provides a vast range of IT services to Plymouth City Council and NHS Northern, Eastern and Western Devon CCG as its founding partners.