Flu Vaccination Training
Tuesday, 29 August, 2017 7pm start - food from 6.30pm
Exeter Court Hotel, Kennford, Exeter EX6 7UX
Pharmacies wishing to provide the service will have to demonstrate that pharmacists administering the flu vaccinations have been appropriately trained. Training will not be provided centrally and pharmacies can choose the training they require to satisfy themselves that they have the necessary skills to provide the service. This also covers pharmacists needing to do their refresher.
The LPC has commissioned a bespoke evening training event for pharmacist who have not received flu training before, from the local training provider PDI (www.pdinet.co.uk)
The training will cover;
- The aims of immunisation: national policy and schedules
- The immune system and how vaccines work (quick and simple reminder)
- The different types of vaccines used and their composition
- Current issues and controversies regarding immunisation
- Communicating with patients
- Correct administration of vaccines (you will get a chance to practice your technique)
- Anaphylaxis and other adverse events (this does not cover Life Support Training)
The LPC is also investigating Basic Life Support training.
All bookings have to be made on-line – follow the link to the flyer for details