EHC Training – Torbay
Monday, 13 January, 2014 6pm food - 6.30pm Start
The Riviera International Conference Centre, Torquay
This training is for Community Pharmacists who wish to supply EHC Levonelle 1500 under the Patient Group Direction covering Torbay Local Authority Area.
If you completed EHC training in August or September 2012, you do not need to attend this training again.
This training is for lead and locum pharmacists in Torbay yet to complete Public Health provided EHC training. This training will enable community pharmacists to provide, free of charge, EHC to women between the ages of 13 and 24 inclusive who meet the inclusion criteria under the Patient Group Direction.
The training forms an integral part of the eligibility criteria to supply EHC in Torbay – the process will be fully explained on the night
• Have an up to date practical understanding of the PGD for EHC
• Improved awareness of local sexual health services for young people including C-Card
• Feel confident to discuss young people’s sexual health needs when accessing emergency contraception
• Be aware of what factors contribute to a young people friendly service
• Be conversant with the systems developed by Torbay Council for the safeguarding the welfare of children including Child Sexual Exploitation
There is ample parking on site and parking permits will be issued upon registration to this event.
Recommended Prior Learning
• Be familiar with Fraser/Gillick Guidelines
• Including having completed or aiming to complete the latest CPPE modules in Safeguarding Children & Emergency Contraception.
• Awareness of local / national services for young people