Drink Wise Age Well training
Tuesday, 19 September, 2017 7pm refreshment 7.30pm start
The Watermark, Ivybridge PL21 0SZ
Who is this training aimed at?
Community pharmacists and their teams, working towards Healthy Living Pharmacy Level 1.
- An introduction to alcohol use in the over 50’s and why this is different as we age
- Overview of psychological and physiological changes in the over 50’s in relation to alcohol and later life changes including interaction with medication
- Consider ways in which to recognise and respond to this alcohol use in the over 50’s – The session will give a brief overview of the concept of alcohol and unit guidelines in relation to alcohol.
- Understand use of simple brief interventions such as FRAMES and practice using technique and appreciate how the learning from the workshop can be applied in practice
- Increase awareness of the signposting and referral pathways which exist within the local area.
Cancellation of booking policy: If you don’t turn up to an event despite booking a place or giving 3 days notice of cancellation in writing, the LPC will send out an invoice for £50.00 for each place booked where no attendance is made.
To book a place on this event, please use this link to the on-line booking form http://tinyurl.com/ya9cm6zz