Acute Assessment of Minor Illness for Pharmacists
Sunday, 23 February, 2020 9.30am - 4.00pm
Devon Training Hub Office, Plymouth Science Park, Unit 1, 5 Research Way, Plymouth PL6 8BT
Three, one-day courses, which you can pick and choose from – you can book for one, two or all three days. Each day is also being offered in two locations (Exeter and Plymouth) so you have a choice of dates too.
Starting with basic vital signs, the three days aim to firstly help you build on the CPPE training around sepsis which you may have undertaken for the community pharmacy quality scheme. Following on from this, a range of different topics will be covered, enhancing your confidence when dealing with CPCS referrals or in a practice environment, depending upon your role. These training days seek to provide a safe space to build confidence around basic examination skills, which you can take away and apply to your daily practice. Each day is self-contained and can be attended without prior preparation. All three together form a basic minor illness and examinations suite of training or can be attended individually as outlined above.
Day 1 – Exeter 14th June 2020 or Plymouth 23rd February 2020
Day 1 will cover vital signs – BP, Temp, pulse, O2 sats (what’s normal and what’s not)
Urine dipping (to dip or not to dip?), Sepsis and NEWS2 (when to refer and who to)
Day 2 – Exeter 15th March 2020 or Plymouth 29th March 2020
Day 2 covers dermatology including children’s eczema and emollients, common rashes, lumps and bumps, shingles (differential between simple and complex)
Red flags for children
Day 3 – Exeter 3rd May 2020 or Plymouth 26th April 2020
Day 3 covers ENT, chest examination and Red Flags
To book a place for the Minor Illness courses:
- Go to Devon Training Hub’s website at devontraininghub,co.uk
- Register with the Hub for a FREE account (not a Member Account)
- Under organisation – type in Devon LPC, then go to courses and events and scroll down to the event you want to book for. (don’t be alarmed if you get an email saying you are now a staff member of Devon LPC – this is just for booking for these events!)
- Then book for each day individually
- Or email to book a place Devon.email@example.com
These events include lunch and are FREE!