Pharmacy First Services
WITHDRAWL OF CHLORAMPHENICOL PGD WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT (16 MARCH 2021)
Please see the letter from NHS Devon CCG regarding the Chloramphenicol PGD that has been withdrawn from the Pharmacy First Service
There is an updated Pharmacy First poster which is available here.
This service is due to restart during November 2020. A re-launch event was held on 21st October 2020 and the slides from that event can be viewed here.
- Devon Minor Ailments via PGD SLA Devon Revised for 1.4.2020
- Torbay Minor Ailments via PGD SLA
- Plymouth Minor Ailments via PGD SLA
MAS 2: Administration/Supply of Nitrofurantoin M/R Capsules for the Treatment of uncomplicated urinary tract infections in women under 65 years of age
MAS 3: Administration/Supply of Fusidic Acid 2% Cream in the management of Impetigo NEW with effect from 1st April 2021
PGD summary of change
Administration / supply of Fusidic Acid Cream 2% Cream in the management of Impetigo version 3.2 (PGD valid from 1st April 2021, expiry 31st March 2022)
- Introduction of a lower age limit i.e., patients over one year presenting in the pharmacy.
- Update caution section – skin reactions are uncommon.
- Advice section – inclusion of SPC risks associated with flammable nature of cream, severe burns etc
MAS 4: Administration/Supply of Timodine Cream in the treatment of nappy rash (Children from 0 to 3 years) NEW with effect from 1st April 2021
Administration / Supply of Timodine cream in the treatment of nappy rash version 3.2 (PGD valid from 1st April 2021, expiry 31st March 2022)
- Slight rewording to state the child must be present at the pharmacy.
- Additional exclusions – ulcerated skin and those children who have been treated with timodine in the previous 3 months.
- Reiteration to apply thinly in the dose and advice section.
Advice section – to seek advice of GP should a skin reaction occur and general advice of flammable nature of the problem, as per SPC