NMS (New Medicine Service)
The New Medicine Service (NMS) was the fourth Advanced Service to be added to the NHS community pharmacy contract; it commenced on 1st October 2011.
The service provides support for people with long-term conditions newly prescribed a medicine to help improve medicines adherence; it is initially focused on particular patient groups and conditions.
- NMS Card
- PSNC Web Site NMS
- Frequently Asked Questions from GPs_article
- Guide for Pharmacists – GP NMS Briefing
- Guidance for Community Pharmacists
- NMS Top 40 ID Tool
- Workshop Presentation (October 2011)
- Your Hopes, Fears and Ideas
- NMS Contractor Declaration Form
- NMS Dashboard
- NMS Follow Up Worksheet
- NMS Funding Changes Briefing
- NMS Intervention Worksheet
- NMS Patient Leaflet
- NMS Patient Consent Form
- NMS Service Specification
- NMS When is it complete
Guidance for hospital pharmacists, doctors, nurses and NHS managers working in secondary care about community pharmacy services.
Guidance for community pharmacists about how to engage with hospital colleagues.
A standardised referral form that hospital pharmacists and others can complete when a patient is discharged. This includes a feedback section that community pharmacists can send back to the referrer when they have asked for feedback.
A Leaflet (which can be amended for local use) for patients who are leaving hospital which outlines the services that they can receive from their community pharmacy.