Flu Vaccination Service 2018-19
21st August 2018
PSNC has alerted the LPC that there are some changes to the 2018/19 Flu vaccination Service and the service specification and PGD were published on Monday 20th August 2018.
In summary the changes include:
- The fee for the service will increase to £7.98 per administered dose plus an additional fee of £1.50 per vaccination, making the total payment £9.48.
- Contractors can now administer vaccinations in patients’ homes.
- Pharmacists need only undertake face-to-face training for the service every three years (this is an extension from the previous requirement for training every two years).
- The requirement for contractors to register to offer the service with NHS BSA has been removed.
- Payment claims from pharmacies can now be made electronically.
Documentation for the provision of the services;
- Service Specification
- Patient Group Direction
- PSNC Briefing – Changes to the Seasonal Influenza Vacciantion Advanced Service 2018-19
- Flu Programme Delivery Guidance 2018-19
The national flu immunisation programme letter for 2018/19: